- Why does Waterhawk Creations not have a refund policy?
Over the years we have come to our refund and exchange policy by experience. Plus our work is functional art. There is to great an issue with reselling a used art piece. This especially true during the Covid 19 pandemic. See our full explanation on our refund and exchange policy page
- What are your shipping policies?
We offer free shipping within the USA. If you are from another country please visit our shipping policy page. Our cart is set up for USA sales only.
- What is the metal used to create your designs?
We use a lead free fine pewter alloy that is safe for holding with your hands and using with food and drink. It is comprised with these metals:
Silver 0.05 – 0.15%
Nickel 0.05 – 2.0%
Copper 2.5 – 3.5%
Antimony 4.5 – 5.5%
- Care instructions for our work.
Most of our work may be washed in warm soapy water using a soft sponge. Then hand dry with a clean towel. Do not use any polishing cleansers.
If you have purchased any of our drinking horns, ostrich egg or shell chalices, these have been lined with beeswax, To clean these, rinse with cool water and mild soap. Then dry with a clean towel. Please remember to keep these from being in direct sun, it will melt the beeswax.
All metals tend to dull over time. From the oils on our hands a patina will develop on our metal work. If you want to shine up the metal a bit, use a scour pad and gently scrub over the metal taking care not to scratch or loosen any stones.
- What can I use your shell bowls for?
They make a great place to put your jewelry. As a candy, food, smudge or soap dish. For smudging we recommend placing sand, pebbles or soil in the bottom so it helps to keep the beauty of the shell safe.
- Can you drink any liquids from your drinking horns, shell or ostrich egg chalices?
Yes as long as it's cold. We line all of these with beeswax, so it will melt with hot liquids. Beeswax has antibacterial properties. When cleaning use cold water to prevent melting.
- Are the Damascus blades sharp?
Oh yes and they have a double edge. Care must be taken with them. Please use them safely.
- If you have any further questions please contact us at
- See our policies for terms of sale, privacy and subscriptions information.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- Opens in a new window.
- Opens external website in a new window.